What are the optional functions of MRM solutions?
The extended functional scope of an MRM software includes, for example, integration of actual costs for your controlling. Comparisons of current budgets with past periods on the basis of target and actual costs vary in terms of scope, depending on the solution and connection. The following options are also available:
- Central storage of media assets in an integrated digital content management (CMS) or digital asset management (DAM) system
- Use of an integrated product information system (PIM)
Technical integration (uni-directional or bi-directional) of campaign creation in the MRM tool with technical campaign creation / execution in a marketing automation tool or campaign management system so far remains an optional feature, although this would be desirable, with regard to processes, in a state-of-the-art MarTech architecture. Some solutions also offer features such as the following:
- Integration of channels in addition to e-mail, e.g. social channels
- Media planning directly from the MRM tool
- Control and monitoring of the occupancy of digital and analog advertising spaces, for example, in web shops and stores
Additional functions not listed here, such as, performance optimization etc. are naturally conceivable, usually as part of customizing.